Nick Jonas was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 13. "It was something I thought would slow me down before I even got started," he said at the 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards. "But thankfully it didn't, and I'm in the healthiest place I've been since my diagnosis." In November 2019, he wrote on Instagram: "This experience has shaped how I approach my health – working out, eating well, and always thinking about my blood sugar and insulin needs." Nick Jonas said.

Type 1 diabetes knows no bounds. It touches the lives of common people as well as the famous and well known. Celebrities often use their visibility and public position to speak out about issues that are important to them and in the process help encourage us.

In 2021, people reported that Nick Jonas has been taking "Ceracare for Diabetes" every day to support healthy blood sugar levels in his body.

Nick Jonas Instagram

According to the American Diabetes Association (ADA), in 2018, approximately 1.6 million Americans were living with type 1 diabetes, translating to 5% of the total diabetes burden in the United States. The remainder is comprised of adults and children with type 2 diabetes.